In March, the fun factor is amplified by the various special events taking place. Whether you’re into history, the arts, nature or food you’ll find something interesting to do in this beautiful city.
Our city is a beautiful place to visit any time of year, but it’s truly remarkable in April. The pleasantly warm weather and picturesque desert landscape make this region ideal for sightseeing and experiencing new things.
Activities & Attractions
Located in the heart of north Scottsdale, our prime location are steps away from the finest shopping, night life, golf, World Class events and sporting venues in Scottsdale
Our hotel is just two blocks away from both Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, offering the best of boutique shopping, fine dining, and entertainment in Scottsdale. Or for some nostalgia, we are 8 miles north of Old Town Scottsdale and Fashion Square Mall.
Scottsdale is also a well known golfing paradise. We are located minutes away from some of the finest golf courses in the world and our guest services can assist with tee times.After a long day at the course, enjoy refreshments at our Silver Wings Lounge!
- (new) Western Spirit: Scottsdale's Museum of the West - 10 mi.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art - 10 mi.
Upcoming in Scottsdale
- Live and Local Performances at the Scottsdale Performing Arts Center
- Desert Botanical Garden near Scottsdale
- July 4th at Scottsdale's Westworld
- Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show
- Scottsdale International Film Festival
- Tour De Scottsdale bike race. Book your rooms early while rates are low!
- Arizona Taco Festival Oct 17-18 2015
- Waste Management Phoenix Open. Remember to book in advance!
Best Western Plus Thunderbird Suites is only 8 miles away from Old Town Scottsdale and just 3 miles from the WestWorld Exhibition and Equestrian grounds.
Local Events and Activities
- Self-guided 60 minutes walking tour of Old Town Scottsdale
- Old Town Scottsdale with galleries, nightlife, shops and more 8 Mi. Map
- West World Event Center hosting annual Barrett Jackson and Equestrian Shows - 4 mi.
- TPC Golf Course - home of the Waste Management Open - 2.5 mi.
- Taliesin West - Famous Architect Frank Lloyd Wright Center - 2.5 mi.
- Arizona’s Oldest PRCA Rodeo - Scottsdale Parada Del Sol - 3 mi.
- Casino Arizona - 10 mi.
- Carefree and Cave Creek Western Towns - 15 mi.
- Cosanti - An Arizona Historic Site by Paolo Soleri in Scottsdale - 11 mi.
- Heard Museum of Native American Culture - Scottsdale Center- 10 mi.
- Wildlife World Zoo - Arizona’s largest Wildlife exhibits - 38 mi.
- Rawhide at Wild Horse Pass - Bringing the Wild West to Life- 31 mi., 35 min.
- Arcosanti - Paolo Soleri’s life long ecology habitat project- 60 mi., 1 hr.
For a complete list of things to do in Phoenix!
IMPROVE YOUR GAME WITH A SCOTTSDALE GOLF VACATION!
Nearby Scottsdale Desert Courses:
- Troon North
- The Boulders
- Eagle Mountain
- Legend Trail
Nearby Scottsdale Traditional Links Golf Courses:
- TPC Tournament Players Club
- Talking Stick
- Gainey Ranch Golf Club
- The Phoenician
- McCormick Ranch