Things to do in Scottsdale Arizona in January 2015
Have fun in January exploring all of the interesting and exciting things that Scottsdale has to offer. Enjoy the big events. Take in some of the year-round local attractions. Dine and dance. Shop and play golf. Do all of this and more in beautiful Scottsdale.
Activities & Attractions
Located in the heart of north Scottsdale, our prime location are steps away from the finest shopping, night life, golf, World Class events and sporting venues in Scottsdale
Our hotel is just two blocks away from both Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, offering the best of boutique shopping, fine dining, and entertainment in Scottsdale. Or for some nostalgia, we are 8 miles north of Old Town Scottsdale and Fashion Square Mall.
Scottsdale is also a well known golfing paradise. We are located minutes away from some of the finest golf courses in the world and our guest services can assist with tee times.After a long day at the course, enjoy refreshments at our Silver Wings Lounge!
Upcoming in Scottsdale
- Ongoing: Many Sundays and Mondays - Scottsdale Performing Arts Center Discovery Film Series
- Ongoing: Many Fridays - Live and Local Performances at the Scottsdale Performing Arts Center
- Through June 27 - Desert Botanical Garden near Scottsdale
- July 1– 5 - Pueblo Grande Museum admission reduced to only $4/person
- July 4th at Scottsdale's Westworld 2-9:30pm In the air-conditioned North Hall find family entertainment, games, food and events.
- Every Sunday through July 6 - Free summer concert series at McCormick-Stillman Railroad
- Through August 30 - Garden Flashlight Tours through the Desert Botanical Garden
- Sept 25 - Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show
- Oct 2 - Phoenix Symphony: Appalachian Spring 7:30pm
- Oct 9 – 13 - Scottsdale International Film Festival
- Oct 12 - Tour De Scottsdale bike race. Book your rooms early while rates are low!
- Oct 18-19 - Arizona Taco Festival
- Jan 26 - Feb 1 2015 - Waste Management Phoenix Open. Remember to book in advance!
- Feb 1 - 2015 Super Bowl Scottsdale - University of Phoenix Stadium. Call now for availability.
Best Western Plus Thunderbird Suites is only 8 miles away from Old Town Scottsdale and just 3 miles from the WestWorld Exhibition and Equestrian grounds.
Local Events and Activities
- Self-guided 60 minutes walking tour of Old Town Scottsdale
- Old Town Scottsdale with galleries, nightlife, shops and more 8 Mi. Map
- West World Event Center hosting annual Barrett Jackson and Equestrian Shows - 4 mi.
- TPC Golf Course - home of the Waste Management Open - 2.5 mi.
- Taliesin West - Famous Architect Frank Lloyd Wright Center - 2.5 mi.
- Arizona’s Oldest PRCA Rodeo - Scottsdale Parada Del Sol - 3 mi.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art - 10 mi.
- Casino Arizona - 10 mi.
- Carefree and Cave Creek Western Towns - 15 mi.
- Cosanti - An Arizona Historic Site by Paolo Soleri in Scottsdale - 11 mi.
- Heard Museum of Native American Culture - Scottsdale Center- 10 mi.
- Wildlife World Zoo - Arizona’s largest Wildlife exhibits - 38 mi.
- Rawhide at Wild Horse Pass - Bringing the Wild West to Life- 31 mi., 35 min.
- Arcosanti - Paolo Soleri’s life long ecology habitat project- 60 mi., 1 hr.
For a complete list of things to do in Phoenix!
IMPROVE YOUR GAME WITH A SCOTTSDALE GOLF VACATION!
Nearby Scottsdale Desert Courses:
- Troon North
- The Boulders
- Eagle Mountain
- Legend Trail
Nearby Scottsdale Traditional Links Golf Courses:
- TPC Tournament Players Club
- Talking Stick
- Gainey Ranch Golf Club
- The Phoenician
- McCormick Ranch